Youth Ambassador Program
Be An Ambassador to Japan
When: Summer of 2024
Who: Youth, ages 14-18
What: Spend 2-3 weeks with a Japanese family
Learn Japanese culture
Participate in Japanese family life & Sightsee
How: Save your money
Prepare ways to share your culture
Apply for a possible scholarship
Get a passport
Cost: Approximately $4000 + spending money
Mountain West Cultural Exchange invites youth, ages 14-18 to be ambassadors to Japan. We would like to send a group of delegates to Japan in the summer of 2024. Delegates would participate in a Japanese homestay and the UTREK summer camp in the Japanese Alps.
Delegates would be required to:
- Participate in pre-travel meetings with their chaperone
- Share the Mountain West Cultural Program with friends and neighbors
- Arrange to speak with a minimum of one organization (Rotary Club, School Club, Church Group, etc.) about their homestay experience
- Have a current passport
- Make on time payments for the trip
- Be willing to share Utah culture with their host family
- Be great ambassadors of Mountain West Cultural Exchange, Utah, and the United States
The cost of the trip is dependent upon the cost of travel and camp fees. We estimate the 2024 trip to be between $3500-$4000 plus spending money for travel and souvenirs in the country.
Mountain West Cultural Exchange Education Scholarship will be available in amounts up to $1,000 per family.
Scholarships will be awarded based on an application process that includes family hosting experience, teen counselor experience, and other leadership experience.
Youth Ambassador and Scholarship Application: Send an email to email@example.com stating:
- What will you do to represent Utah and Mountain West Cultural Exchange as an ambassador of the United States.
- What will you do to promote the Mountain West Cultural Exchange Program before and after your visit to Japan.
- Share a brief example of a leadership experience you have had.
- Include the number of years your family has hosted and if you have been a Teen Councilor with MWCE.
Letter is due March 10, 2024