Teen counselors (TC) help out during a short camp at the end of the summer program and assist with the placement of delegates. Teen counselors’ families must host for the summer program. They must be available to attend camp for the entire time. The TC will be leaving home 1 day before the regularly scheduled departure day to receive instruction and help set up camp. They will meet their family again during the departure program.
- To assist MWCE in finding host families and conducting the exchange program
- To facilitate a meaningful experience for all Japanese guests
- To be actively involved in the exchange program activities
- To have fun and gain leadership experience
- Help find host families – talk to everyone you know
- Assist in preparations for the delegates for orientation
- Attend any TC training
- Learn simple Japanese phrases
- Assist Staff as needed
Attend departure program and camp, and helping with activities at camp (expenses paid by MWCE)
Provide leadership for delegates
Learn and use names of the delegates
Inform delegates of meetings/activities and accompany them to ALL functions
Make our guests feel comfortable by putting their needs first
Be a host brother or sister (Family must host a delegate even if you cannot be the host brother or sister!)
Complete assigned tasks as punctually as possible
Be a good example by dressing modestly and refraining from profanity/suggestive language/illegal behavior
Make friends with other TC’s but remember that that is second to taking care of our delegates!
- Qualify for a one-time partial scholarship to go to Japan with MWCE
- Acquire leadership skills
- Meet and work with teens throughout the state
- Build your resume
APPLICATION DUE no later than JUNE 1!